4/9/11

Decreasing, Man's Approval and What We Spend Our Time Doing

Rather than posting my thoughts about my study this week in the book of John, I figured I'd just post the verses that I've been mulling over and let readers come up with their own thoughts.

"He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less" (John 3:30).

"Your approval means nothing to me, because I know you don't have God's love within you" (John 5:41).

"I tell you the truth, you want to be with me because I fed you, not because you understood the miraculous signs. But don't be so concerned about perishable things like food. Spend your energy seeking the eternal life that the Son of Man can give you. For God the Father has given me the seal of his approval" (John 6:26-27).

"The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life" (John 6:63).

No comments: