2/12/09

In The Spirit of Valentine's Day...

As I was driving to school this morning I was listening My Bridge Radio...the Christian station in our area. They advertised this little thing they were doing to celebrate couples who have been married 5 years or less. They asked for couples to share stories about what God is doing in the lives of couples across Nebraska...so, when I got to school this morning I figured I would type something up to submit. I thought it would be a nice way to start my day...to think about what God has done in our marriage so far. Anyway...this is what I came up with:

My husband and I married young...I was 20 and he was 23. He was in his first year of teaching and I was a junior in college...needless to say, our first two years were very hard. Thankfully, we began our marriage with a strong (yet young) faith in Christ. Divorce runs rampant in my family and without our foundation in God, I don't know if we would have made it to where we are today.

Marriage is tough...especially those first few years. Throughout our nearly 3 years of marriage, God has really taught us what it means to love unconditionally...an "agape" love. He has taught us to speak the truth in love, to be trusting, and most of all to be reliant on Him. I have seen my husband grow into a beautiful man of God who I know without a shadow of a doubt will be with me until God calls us home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your words are all I need for Valentine's Day. Everything you said was true, but I can't wait to see what God has in store for us the next however many years we are here! I love you to death and can't wait to see you later. Love ya!

Wolfpack said...

Love that entry you sent to the radio!! How wonderful to push against the expectations of the world and believe in life-lasting marriage. You guys are the bomb.
C.

Wolfpack said...

And sorry if the Wolfpack thing weirded you out... its an old nickname Scott gave me that I can't seem to shake.. :)
C.