8/4/11

Last night's menu...

Last night we had good friends over for dinner, so I tied on my apron and tested my culinary skills. The menu: Mediterranean chicken and orzo salad stuffed inside red peppers, cucumbers with tomatoes, chives, and parsley, quinoa skillet bread, and red wine. I wish I had thought to snap a photo of this meal as it was incredibly bright and aesthetically pleasing!

The main recipes were amazingly delicious and relatively easy to make. The quinoa made the bread incredibly moist and the cream on top gave it a nice custard-like consistency. And the main course was a nice summer meal---cool orzo, feta, olives, tomatoes, and chicken drenched in a homemade vinaigrette dressing and stuffed inside gutted red peppers.

If you're looking to mix up your summer menu, check out both recipes...you won't be disappointed!

No comments: