7/27/10

Nebraska Writing Project


This Monday and Tuesday I was at the beautiful Benedictine Mission House in Schuyler, Nebraska for the Nebraska Writing Project advisory board retreat. It's a peaceful and calming place. Throughout the two days we (20 teachers) reflected on our accomplishments and struggles last year and planned for the year to come. There's a lot that goes into planning an entire program that provides professional development in the area of reading and writing for teachers!

So far I've taken 15 hours of Nebraska Writing Project classes (and am in the process of taking 3 more), and I have LOVED every minute of it. Each course has offered me excellent and practical professional development--I've had the chance to question, evaluate and improve my own teaching, develop personal and professional relationships with some of the best teachers in our state, and develop a love for inquiry. This year I'm also serving on the advisory board--which is a great privilege.

If you are a teacher who is looking for growth opportunities--please consider getting involved with the Nebraska Writing Project. You don't have to be an English teacher to do this because ALL teachers can use reading and writing in their classes!


No comments: