7/22/10

Favorite Corn-Syrup Free Products

A few months ago we made Scotch-A-Roo bars for Nate's students. It came time to add the corn syrup, and I suddenly realized how icky it is. Don't get me wrong...Scotch-A-Roo bars are tasty treats. But the corn syrup freaked me out, so for the past month I've made a conscious effort to eliminate corn syrup from our house. It's amazing how many products contain corn syrup! If you look at the ingredients list on many cereals, breads, and other snack foods you'll find that its often one of the first ingredients listed (or close to the first). So, I thought I'd post a few of our favorite corn syrup free products in case anyone is interested!


From left to right: Nature Valley granola bars (they have so many tasty flavors!), Orrowheat thin sandwich buns, Annie's organic strawberry harvest fruit snacks, Newman's Own honey mustard (lite) salad dressing---a side note about this product: there are so many varieties of dressings and all the profits gained go to charities, Blue Diamond almond butter (a great alternative to peanut butter), Trop 50 orange juice (half the calories as regular OJ), and Stachy's Simply Naked pita chips (also comes in many varities!).
We LOVE cereal at our house! These are all high in fiber and protein and serve as excellent snacks!


(I apoligize for the awful photo!) Who doesn't love ice cream?!? Thankfully, Haagen-Dazs has created these little guys that only contain FIVE ingredients! I love the coffee flavor, but if that doesn't strike your fancy, I'm sure you can find something you like from this list:
Milk Chocolate
Caramel
Strawberry
Vanilla Bean
Coffee
Lemon
Mint
Ginger







No comments: