10/4/11

"What Teaching Means: Stories From America's Classrooms"

The title of this post is the title of the book in which one of my essays will be published! The book will be published by the Rogue Faculty Press located in Omaha and will feature essays by 39 teachers representing 17 different states. Its release date is April 2012.

85 teachers from 24 different states submitted work for consideration, so I feel incredibly blessed to have my piece selected. The next step will be to work with the editors to make my piece even better and ready for publication. I am thrilled about this experience, but this has not been an effort all my own. My summer writing group, a few close friends, my blog readers (I originally posted my essay on the blog awhile back), and of course...my husband, all provided feedback to me as I drafted the essay...so if any of you are reading this, thank you!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow...congratulations Danielle! That is very, very cool!!! Congrats on the publication.

Kristin said...

Awesome, Danielle! I suddenly feel like I need to get you to sign something for me soon... you know, so I can prove I knew you once when you weren't famous.

Anonymous said...

How exciting - when will the book signing be? Good job!! You need to celebrate this weekend.

XOXO
Mom Linda