5/26/10

Quiet mornings

This morning I woke up at 5:45...I couldn't even wake up this early during the last few weeks of school! I have to admit, I was a bit peaved when I rolled over and saw what time it was. However--I decided to take advantage of the extra hours to sneak in some reading. Last Christmas my parents bought us a cute little patio set with an umbrella (I'd take a photo to post here, but it's raining outside right now, so I packed it all up)--so, I took my breakfast and bible outside and enjoyed a much needed quiet time.

It's amazing how peaceful it was--the sky looked bruised as the clouds grew heavy with rain, and as I read there was a soft rolling thunder in the distance. It was a beautiful moment where I was reminded of God's power. I am always astounded by nature---it has this ability to really put life into perspective for me.

No comments: