5/12/10

Lincoln Half-Marathon

Two weeks ago Nate and I ran the Lincoln Half-Marathon. We started training for it pretty late in the game (7-8 weeks before) and ran into a few busy spots where we didn't get to run much during the week (the week of the musical and the week of the race I had the flu!)...nonetheless, we finished the race in 2 hours and 19 minutes! It actually was pretty fun---there were 8,000 runners and a great crowd cheering us on. Thanks Amy for taking these photos!

This was about mile 2...



















Mile 6 or 7...starting to feel the burn---notice our smiles aren't as big as in mile 2!


















At about mile 12 I started crying a bit partly because I realized I was so close to finishing a goal I never thought I'd achieve...but mostly I was crying because of the sheer pain I was feeling in my legs! We finished on the 50 yard line at Memorial Stadium...


















These are the signs our nieces, Denelle and Alexis, and my sister in-law and mother in-law made for us...they cheered us on during the race.


1 comment:

Amy said...

Yea! Way to go Uncle Nate and Aunt Elle!!