5/22/09

The Virtuous Wife

Last night and today I read Proverbs 31:10-31, which (in my Bible) is titled "The Virtuous Wife." I've read this before and have always said I wanted to be a Godly woman/wife, but have never really studied this passage before. Lately I've been thinking a lot about how I could be a better wife...Proverbs 31 has awesome instructions for this :) I studied it a bit and came up with 6 different traits that the wife in Proverbs 31 has:

The virtuous wife:

1. always strives to do good (v. 12)

2. is willing to work hard with a servant's heart (vv. 13-19)

3. reaches out to those in need (vv. 20-21)

4. takes pride in her household, yet maintains an air of humility (vv. 21-23)

5. is of good character...strong, honorable, wise, kind, watchful, respected by her husband and children, and does not partake in idleness (vv. 25-28)

6. fears the Lord (v. 30)

Nate is a great husband who is always willing to make sacrifices and do what is best for our little family, in fact, as I type this he is insulating our basement! So, this is my goal for the summer...to become more like the wife in Proverbs 31, to become more of the wife my husband deserves me to be. I'll leave you with this one last verse that is truly beautiful:

"Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised" (Proverbs 31:30).

No comments: