12/13/08

Summer plans...

I know it is way early to be planning for summer, but Nate and I have already began planning. Nate will be starting his Masters at UNL this summer. He will be taking 9 hours in 5 weeks to work towards a Masters of Music Education. He is very excited to get started :) He is so much like his sister Amy. Both Amy and Nate are teachers who want to grow in knowledge and experience because they care so much about their students. I look up to Nate and Amy and hope that I can be as successful and motivated as they are!

I will also be taking 6 hours of graduate credit at UNL this summer! About a month ago I applied for the Nebraska Writing Project. I had never heard of it, but the teacher across the hall from me gave me a flyer for the program and encouraged me to apply. So, I did...and I got an acceptance letter yesterday. The project does a variety of things, but mostly (from what I understand) it gives teachers a chance to develop and share meaningful writing lessons and projects. The program also allows time for teachers to work on their own writing. Luckily, both Nate's classes and my classes will be during the same 5 weeks. We feel so blessed to be able to have these opportunities to further our education and to have wonderful family who will let us crash at their place during this time (thanks Amy and Pat)!

To read more about the NWP, visit: http://www.unl.edu/newp/

1 comment:

Amy said...

Congratulations on being accepted Danielle!!! We are so proud of you! We are looking forward to having you stay with us this summer!