4/30/15

Acts 2: 42-47

About a year ago, Nate and I found our way to a new church we're glad to call home here in Omaha. Since being a part of CityLight, we've been challenged and encouraged to grow.
The word of God has come alive for me, and I've been challenged to rededicate myself to having a rich prayer life, to be in the Word on a regular basis, and to be in community with others. This week one of our pastors preached on five of my favorite verses--Acts 2: 42-47. When I first accepted Christ during my freshman year of college, I was drawn to these verses. They show what the first Christian church was like, and it was a generous, God-filled church that valued community. My experiences with churches prior to my first year of college left a sour taste in my mouth, so these five verses were refreshing to me. Here's the sermon from this week; for me, it was penetrating and a good reminder of my responsibilities as a believer. Enjoy...

No comments: