11/4/09

Little things

During my plan period today I walked into the office and was greeted by one of the custodians who was putting together a new desk chair.

"You owe me for this" he muttered.

"Owe you for what? That's not my chair...I didn't order one," I replied.

From behind the secretary's desk I heard a giggle and then she said, "Your husband's looking out for you!" Apparently a few weeks ago he had gone into the office to order a new one for me....what a nice gesture :)

It seems like such a lame thing to be excited about, but my old chair really was undesirable. The arm rests were at two different heights, the back was so flat that I had to put a pillow on the chair so I could sit comfortably, and the lovely maroon cotton fabric always rubbed off onto my black dress pants. I had thought about ordering a new chair, but since it was my first year I didn't want to make a fuss out of it.

This really did make my day...it proves to me that the little things in life can really have quite an impact....thanks for looking out for me, Nate!

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a guy?!

OHS Hot Shots said...

That's awesome! Way to go Nate! I kept my OLD wooden chair my first year for the same reason, but the custodian took pity on me after I came back from maternity leave and pilfered one from the lecture hall...she was so awesome! Enjoy!

Pat said...

Wait, is this the same Nate that I know? There is hope for all mankind. All is well in the universe!