9/6/08

New Experiences....

So, I've copied my sister in-law (Amy) and have started a blog :) Nate and I have recently moved far away from our family and friends and I thought a blog would be a great way to keep everyone up on our lives. Writing is also a great way for me to unwind at the end of the day....

So, things are well here. We were very nervous to move out to this part of the state...we are both accustomed to larger towns and being close to family. However, we have come to realize that we are (believe it or not!) getting used to, and even enjoying, small town life! I was in Kearney on Friday for a student teaching workshop and had a few errands to run...Target, the mall, etc. On my way across town, I grew frustrated with the "traffic." Then, while shopping at Target I became annoyed with all of the people. I knew I needed to stop at the mall for a few things, but when I gazed over at the parking lot, I noticed it was fairly full. Now, the mall was no fuller than it usually is on a Friday evening...however, this time it seemed packed with people. Growing rather grumpy, I decided to bypass the mall due to the "mass quantity of people." This was when I realized.....I enjoy the pace of small-town living! It scared me at first...but on the long drive home, I had time to think about our life here in Southwestern Nebraska. We have had many great experiences in Ogallala and Grant and have been blessed beyond our wildest imaginings. I am truly thanking God for the opportunities He has given us to be here!

Of course, we still miss all of our friends and family :) If any of you ever need a place to stay on your way out West, please think of us! Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog...stay tuned for more......Cheers!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yea! I am so glad that you now have a blog. We will check it often and will read it to Denelle. She would like to see a picture of Sampson on one of your blogs soon. Talk to you later small town girl!